A look over the shoulder "Integrated Logistics Support"
What lies behind it?
Interview with Stefan Techentin
Stefan Techentin: In fact, we are now talking more about IPS. IPS stands for In Product Support and is divided into ILS (Integrated Logistics Support) and ISS (In Service Support).
ILS starts in the development phase and ends with the delivery of the product or the handover to the customer. In the ILS phase, we lay the foundation for the later service phase. This process runs alongside development and covers the following fields, such as
- Logistics Analyses
- Determination of Spare Parts Requirements
- Concept of Maintenance
- External Technical Customer Documentation
- Concept of Obsolescence Management
The ISS process starts after handover to the customer and covers all the services we offer in the service area, for instance:
- Hotline Support and Ticket System
- Obsolescence Management
- Additional Trainings for the User
- On-Site Maintenance and Repairs
- Spare Parts Service (repairs and restocking on site)
The interview was conducted by Cheyenne Korreck, Senior Specialist Talent Acquisition