15/02/2024 | Press release

Rheinmetall Dermalog SensorTec wins order for system that checks for distraction and fatigue in industrial settings

Key facts
  • Rheinmetall Dermalog SensorTec wins first industrial order
  • System for detecting distraction and fatigue
  • Customer is a world-leading company from the healthcare sector
  • Successful start offers potential for further highly promising follow-up orders and greater diversification

The tech enterprise Rheinmetall’s joint venture Rheinmetall Dermalog SensorTec GmbH has received a highly promising order from a world-leading company in the healthcare sector. The order is for a system that detects distraction and fatigue during final quality control checks on the production line. Intended to serve as an initial test system, the order offers potential for total sales volume in the lower single-digit million-euro range following a successful start, while simultaneously opening market access to the industrial sector.

The manufacturer uses the system to check for distraction and fatigue at its factory during final inspection of medical products to assure steady high quality and safety by making sure the responsible person is paying attention. In winning this order, the company has achieved its strategic goal of integrating biometric technology, AI software and digitalization solutions in industrial settings, adding to its expertise in driver monitoring and access control. For Rheinmetall, this first order from an industrial customer marks an important step in the shift to digitalization technology and the expansion of the portfolio beyond automotive interiors, in harmony with the Group’s electrification strategy and the strategic development of its ‘beyond automotive’ policy of expanding into other industries. Furthermore, the application of biometrics in industry and security is also helping to foster this forward-looking diversification.

Rheinmetall Dermalog SensorTec GmbH is co-owned by Rheinmetall AG and DERMALOG Identification Systems GmbH, Germany’s largest biometrics company. Rheinmetall has a 65% stake in the joint venture, with the remaining 35% share held by DERMALOG. As one of the world’s top 100 automotive parts suppliers, Rheinmetall is a byword for high quality, and is actively supporting the process of transformation currently underway in the automotive industry. DERMALOG can point to numerous patents and innovations as well as over 250 major projects in the international biometrics market.


Head of Press and Public Relations

Phone: +49 211 473-4748

Fax: +49 211 473-4157

Rheinmetall Platz 1

40476 Dusseldorf


Phone: +49 211 473-01

Fax: +49 211 473-4727

© 2024 Rheinmetall AG