Privacy information for our social media presences
I. GeneralWe maintain (publicly accessible) profiles (so-called social media profiles) on various social networks. Your visit to these profiles initiates a variety of data processing operations.
In the following, we provide you with an overview of which of your personal data is collected, used and stored by which party when you visit one of our profiles.
Personal data is information that can be assigned to you as a specific person (e.g. name, age, address, photos, e-mail addresses, and possibly also your IP address). Furthermore, we will inform you about the rights you have with regard to the processing of your personal data and where you can turn to.
You are not obliged to provide us with your personal data. However, this may be necessary for access or individual functionalities of our profiles in the respective social networks. These functionalities may not be available to you, or only to a limited extent, if you do not provide us with your personal data.
The processing will not be used by Rheinmetall AG to create profiles of you. No automatic decision-making or profiling takes place.
When you visit our social media sites, your personal data will be collected, used and stored not only by us, but also by the operators of the respective social media platform. This also happens if you yourself do not have a profile in the respective social network. The individual data processing operations and their scope differ depending on the operator of the respective social network and these are not necessarily traceable for us. For details about the collection and storage of your personal data as well as the type, scope and purpose of their use by the operator of the respective social network, please refer to the privacy statements of the respective operator:
- the data protection declaration for the social network "YouTube", which is operated by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, can be viewed at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en ;
- the data protection declaration for the social network "Twitter", which is operated by Twitter Inc. 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA, can be viewed at https://twitter.com/en/privacy ;
- the data privacy statement for the social network "XING", which is operated by New Work SE, Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany, can be viewed at https://privacy.xing.com/ ;
In addition to our presence on social media platforms, we also provide links to external social media platforms. For this purpose, we use graphics of the respective provider. These graphics do not establish a connection to the social media networks. They are exclusively representations of the platforms in order to be able to reach the respective providers easily.
Only after clicking on the graphic will you be redirected to the clicked network. After the redirection, the social media provider collects information from you. It cannot be ruled out that your data will be transferred to the USA and possibly processed further.
III. Social-Media-Buttons (so-called „Like“-Buttons)We use social media buttons on our website, such as the "Facebook Like" button. If you are logged into your respective social media account, you can use it to quickly interact with a post, e.g. "like" or share it.
In order to integrate the social media buttons in a privacy-friendly manner, we use the "c't Shariff" solution. This prevents a direct connection to the respective social media service from being established by simply integrating the social media buttons and calling up the website, which would transfer your IP address and possibly even cookie data.
The Shariff solution only allows this connection when you actively press the buttons. After that, the connection to the respective social media providers is established. Information on the respective processing operations can be found in the privacy statements of the provider. It cannot be ruled out that your data will be transferred to the USA and possibly processed further.
You can find more information about the c't-Shariff solution at: https://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/Shariff-Social-Media-Buttons-mit-Datenschutz-2467514.html ; (the article is only available in german).
IV. Information on the collection of personal data when operating a social media presence of the respective providers
V. Your rights as a person affected by data processingAs a data subject, you are entitled to various rights under the GDPR, which arise in particular from Art. 15 to 21 GDPR:
- Right to information (Art. 15 GDPR): In accordance with the legal requirements, you have the right to request information about whether and to what extent we process your personal data.
- Right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR): In accordance with the legal requirements, you have the right to request the completion or correction of incomplete or incorrect data concerning you.
- Right to deletion (Art. 17 GDPR): In accordance with the legal requirements, you have the right to demand that your personal data be deleted without delay. Note: The immediate deletion of your data may be precluded by legal storage obligations or other legitimate reasons for storage.
- Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR): In accordance with the legal requirements, you have the right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR): In accordance with the legal requirements, you have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in accordance with the legal requirements in a structured, common and machine-readable format and - if technically feasible - to request its transfer to another controller.
- Right of objection (Art. 21 GDPR): In accordance with the legal requirements, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time for reasons arising from your particular situation, provided that the data processing is carried out to protect legitimate interests (cf. Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e or lit. f GDPR).
- If your personal data is processed for the purpose of direct marketing, you have the right to object at any time to such processing for the purpose of such marketing; this also applies to profiling insofar as it is associated with such direct marketing.
- Right to withdraw consent (Art. 7(3) GDPR): You have the right to revoke given consents at any time without giving reasons with effect for the future. The revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority (Art. 77 (1) GDPR): In accordance with the legal requirements, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority of your choice, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement, if you are of the opinion that the processing of your personal data violates the GDPR.
VI. OthersModification and updating of data information
We reserve the right to adapt this data protection information if changes in the legal situation or data processing make this necessary.
The currently displayed data protection information always applies to your visit. We will inform you if any changes require your cooperation (e.g. renewed consent) or other individual notification.
If we provide addresses and contact information of other companies and organizations in this data protection information, please note that the addresses may change over time.
The terms used herein are not gender-specific.
Status of this data protection information: November 15, 2021