Testing Centre Ochsenboden in Studen, Switzerland
Extensive testing for weapons, ammunition, and other military systems.,
The Testing Centre Ochsenboden in Studen, Switzerland, is located in the upper Sihl valley at a distance of 15 km from Einsiedeln, and 60 km from Zurich. The firing range was originally established in 1953 by Oerlikon-Bührle AG and has since been expanded continuously. In 1990, the facilities were taken over by RWM Schweiz AG (former Oerlikon Contraves Pyrotec AG) and merged with the other facilities of the development departments in the fields of chemistry and explosives to form the current Test Centre Ochsenboden.
One of the main tasks of the test centre is to carry out extensive tests for weapons, ammunition, and other military systems, but many of the methods and much of the equipment used are equivalent to those used for testing non-military products with high quality requirements.
All facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art measuring instrumentation. Highly qualified personnel ensure an efficient and competent test performance.
- Planning, undertaking and evaluation of
- Field trials and technical testing of weapon systems and ammunition
- Function and safety testing of ammunition and ammunition components during development and for customer acceptances
- Environmental simulation in both the defence and civil sectors
- Customer training and product demonstrations
- Development, qualification, production and testing of chemical and pyrotechnic components for military and civil products
- Environmental and economic demilitarization and re-use/ re-cycling of ammunition at the end of its life cycle