- Ref. no.: 11100080
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Full Time
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Are you looking for a new position that gives you the freedom to mold your future however you like? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
American Rheinmetall Defense (ARD) is actively seeking team oriented business development professionals with excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidates will take a lead role in contributing to the growth of Rheinmetall’s Weapons and Ammunition business in the United States.
This position will support the Head of US Business Development and Strategy in building a robust pipeline of opportunities, informing product development strategies and securing new business for Rheinmetall Weapons and Ammunition’s products in the United States. The product portfolio includes medium and large caliber ammunition, medium and large caliber armaments, soft and hard kill protection systems, passive protection, and propellants.
Location is negotiable but preferably the Washington DC area or onsite at one of Rheinmetall’s current locations (Quantico, VA, Biddeford, ME, Auburn Hills, MI).
- Develop business cases with expected program costs and schedules for new business opportunities
- Identify strategic partners or industry groups to form teaming arrangements or partnerships in the pursuit of new business opportunities
- Provide customer/market insight into the product development cycle
- Conduct mid-to-long term analysis for business development with an eye toward long-term market growth opportunities
- Build, maintain and track pipeline list of opportunities for Weapons and Munition in the US market including FMS opportunities
- Work with customers to understand needs and requirements, and then identify and qualify new business opportunities stemming from this work
- Regularly interface with customers to market products and capabilities
- Prepare and effectively present customer briefings
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams in business capture and proposal efforts
- Coordinate with team members on Proposal/Bid strategies
- Support all aspects of proposal planning, preparation, and submittal efforts
- Represent and market products at industry trade shows and conferences
- Support the development of advertising and promotion concepts for products
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- A Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Business, Engineering, Marketing or equivalent experience is required for a Director level position; MBA is preferred
- 10+ years or more of business development experience serving DoD customers, or commensurate experience in industry or with targeted customers
- Capture planning experience including opportunity generation/validation, bid/no bid assessments, competitive assessments, and color team reviews
- Experience in organizing and preparing winning proposals
- Customer experience with existing contacts in relevant/comparable markets
- Ability to travel 25% – 50% including short notice travel, and occasional travel abroad mainly to Germany
- Knowledge of defense procurement practices and the DoD acquisition cycle
- Ability to work effectively in teams and across business organizations, as well as with significant independence and entrepreneurial opportunity
- Familiarity with Foreign Military Sales
American Rheinmetall Defence is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (EOE/Veteran/Disability) and is a participant in the E-Verify program. For information on this and Your Rights to work please go to: https://www.e-verify.gov/
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Group is a listed stock corporation based in Düsseldorf, Germany. It is an integrated technology group with solid, internationally successful operations in the fields of mobility and security. The company’s Automotive Sector occupies a leading position as an automotive supplier and is a reliable partner when it comes to developing and producing components for the drive systems of today and tomorrow. The Group’s Defence Sector is a leading European systems supplier for defence technology and a trusted partner of the armed forces.