- Ref. no.: 11100081
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Full Time
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Are you looking for a new position that gives you the freedom to mold your future however you like? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
American Rheinmetall Defense (ARD) is actively seeking experienced, team oriented business development professionals with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a passion for providing our men and women of the US Armed Forces with world class capability. The ideal candidate will take a lead role in contributing to the growth of Rheinmetall’s Electronics Solutions business in the United States.
This position will support the Head of US Business Development and Strategy in building a robust pipeline of opportunities, informing product development strategies and securing new business for Rheinmetall’s products in the United States including supporting American Rheinmetall Solutions, LLC, located in Biddeford, ME. The product portfolio of Electronic Solutions includes vehicle and soldier electronics, air defense assets (radars, guns systems, tracking equipment), electro optical equipment, and simulation and training products.
Location is the Washington DC area (office location in Reston, VA).
- Business Strategy and Pipeline Development
- Maintain primary responsibility for developing long term business strategies and opportunity Pipelines (opportunities in the 2-5 year window) based on analysis of market opportunities, competitor positions and a thorough understanding of the Rheinmetall product portfolio and capabilities
- Develop roadmaps to implement the business strategies (including evaluating and communicating necessary investments – including M&A, knowledge transfer, strategic partners, etc.)
- Business Development
- Identify, qualify and validate Business opportunities and inform company stakeholders
- Maintain strong customer contacts and relationships to understand customer needs and requirements, shape requirements in a favorable fashion and to advocate solutions Rheinmetall can deliver; prepare and effectively present briefings to the customer, as necessary
- Develop business cases with expected program costs and schedules for business opportunities
- Identify strategic partners or industry groups to form teaming arrangements or partnerships in the pursuit of new business opportunities
- Provide US customer & market insights into the product development cycle
- Coordinate and align with team members on proposal/bid strategies
- Support multi-disciplinary teams in business capture and proposal efforts (proposal planning, preparation and submittal efforts)
- Regularly interface with customers to market products and capabilities
- Represent and market products at industry trade shows and conferences
- Support the development of advertising and promotion concepts for products
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- A Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) required, degrees in Business, Engineering, Marketing or equivalent experience preferred for a Director level position; MBA is valued but not required
- 5+ years or more of business development experience in defense
- Experience in the coreproduct Areas of the Electronic SolutionsDivision including soldier and vehicle electronics (highest priority), Simulation and Training, and air defense.
- Expert knowledge working with US DoD budget and acquisition Content
- Capture planning experience including opportunity generation/validation, bid/no bid assessment, competitive assessments, and color team reviews
- Significant customer experience with existing contracts in relevant/comparable markets, and current contacts with relevant customers (focus on US Army)
- previous experience working in/with HQDA, TRADOC, Futures Command a plus
- Experience with/expert knowledge of US Army modernization priorities and dealing with Cross-Functional Teams (emphasis on Soldier Lethality, Air & Missile Defense, Next Gen Combat Vehicle)
- Ability to travel 25% - 50% including short notice travel, and occasional travel abroad mainly to Germany
- Knowledge of defense procurement practices and the DoD acquisition cycle
- Ability to work effectively in teams and across business organization, as well as with significant independence and entrepreneurial opportunity
- Eligibility to obtain a security clearance
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
American Rheinmetall Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (EOE/Veteran/Disability) and is a participant in the E-Verify program. For information on this and Your Rights to work please go to: https://www.e-verify.gov/
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Group is a listed stock corporation based in Düsseldorf, Germany. It is an integrated technology group with solid, internationally successful operations in the fields of mobility and security. The company’s Automotive Sector occupies a leading position as an automotive supplier and is a reliable partner when it comes to developing and producing components for the drive systems of today and tomorrow. The Group’s Defence Sector is a leading European systems supplier for defence technology and a trusted partner of the armed forces.