- Ref. no.: 11100105
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Full Time
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
You want to launch your career at the right pace from the get-go? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Sales & Engineering: the Account Manager is responsible for the overall account management of his or her assigned customer base. Specifically, account managers are to manage the business relationship between customers and KS Kolbenschmidt US, Inc. (KSKUS), while striving to ensure that all company goals and objectives are achieved. Required skills include: strong communication and presentation skills, ability to negotiate contracts; and leadership skills which facilitate coordination of KSKUS engineering and manufacturing resources in an effort to fulfill the company’s customer satisfaction goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary contact for communication with our customer base.
- Manage all commercial issues at the customer.
- Develop and maintain customer plant relationships and contact.
- Support the introduction of new products through the OPUS (RPLAN) process.
- Participate in the development of marketing and manufacturing strategy with the business team.
- Help coordinate the support of “Application Engineering” resources to assure that the customers are satisfied and customer contact is maintained.
- Define the future technical needs of the market and help direct the product development and research associates to define projects that will meet future market requirements.
- Maintain a good working relationship with cross functional KSKUS associates in various disciplines at requisite locations.
- Assist the manufacturing plants to ensure that production schedule information is available as required.
- Negotiate contracts with customers.
- Support the financial goals; and assist in the management of company assets including but not limited to accounts receivable.
- Negotiate the resolution and collection of accounts receivable disputes to assure timely payment from the customers.
- Prepare market and customer profiles that define the application of pistons in all engine products by customer, including the prices and competitive piston manufacturers.
- Develop short term (one year) and longer term (three to five year) sales forecast as required to support the annual planning process.
- Operate within the guidelines and policies issued by the company including but not limited to Safety and Travel policies.
- Ensure the completion of all required records, paperwork, documents, etc. as required by the Quality Standards and KSKUS policies.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Bachelors in Engineering or Business Administration
- 3+ year's sales experience in a technical product being sold to the automotive or vehicular transportation industry
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Travel within USA and International as required
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Automotive develops, produces, and markets components and systems for the vehicle industry at over 40 locations around the world. Its Kolbenschmidt and Pierburg brands give Rheinmetall Automotive more than 100 years of automotive expertise while its Motorservice brand represents a strong name for automotive spare parts.
Rheinmetall Group is a listed stock corporation based in Düsseldorf, Germany. It is an integrated technology group with solid, internationally successful operations in the fields of mobility and security. The company’s Automotive Sector occupies a leading position as an automotive supplier and is a reliable partner when it comes to developing and producing components for the drive systems of today and tomorrow. The Group’s Defence Sector is a leading European systems supplier for defence technology and a trusted partner of the armed forces.