- Ref. no.: 11100106
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Full Time
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
You want to launch your career at the right pace from the get-go? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Applications Engineer closely interfaces with company customers to acquire, organize and analyze customer goals and engine requirements to design and/or revise products meeting customer specifications, requirements and costs, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the company to its customers, acquiring, organizing and analyzing customer goals and engine requirements.
- Provide program design management from concept through series production.
- Coordinate with the Account Manager to provide technical data and information to provide timely and accurate quotations.
- Coordinate with manufacturing to ensure the most cost effective manufacturability of the product.
- Direct, guide, coordinate and provide technical expertise in the development of product designs that meet customer specifications, production and delivery requirements and cost limitations.
- Perform product design analysis, and inspect, analyze and diagnose engine tested pistons and related systems. Coordinate performance tests and perform failure analysis and design verification.
- Act as the technical resource and liaison between the company and its customers to address and resolve inquiries, technical reviews, and problems, provide interpretation of drawings and specifications, and advise of the effect of piston features and specification variation.
- Work with customers to ensure products perform to their expectations.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in new developments within the industry.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- BSME or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of related experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and effectively communicate with customers and other employees of the organization is required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, customer specifications, blueprints, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Travel within USA and International as required
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Automotive develops, produces, and markets components and systems for the vehicle industry at over 40 locations around the world. Its Kolbenschmidt and Pierburg brands give Rheinmetall Automotive more than 100 years of automotive expertise while its Motorservice brand represents a strong name for automotive spare parts.
Rheinmetall Group is a listed stock corporation based in Düsseldorf, Germany. It is an integrated technology group with solid, internationally successful operations in the fields of mobility and security. The company’s Automotive Sector occupies a leading position as an automotive supplier and is a reliable partner when it comes to developing and producing components for the drive systems of today and tomorrow. The Group’s Defence Sector is a leading European systems supplier for defence technology and a trusted partner of the armed forces.