- Ref. no.: DE01188
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Permanent Contract
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Are you looking for a new challenge that puts you in charge of performing your duties? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The BOXER 8x8 armoured vehicle has been developed in a joint co-operation programme between Germany and the Netherlands by the international consortium ARTEC GmbH in Munich, Germany. ARTEC is a joint-venture of Krauss-Maffei Wegmann GmbH & Co. KG, Rheinmetall Military Vehicles GmbH and Rheinmetall Defence Nederland B.V. ARTEC is the prime contractor responsible for the BOXER Programme, the co-ordination of series production and the focal point for export. Annual sales are normally between 200 and 300 million EUR and as of November 2019 more than 1,200 BOXER vehicles have been contracted.
- Support of technical expert working groups and customer information meetings
- Design reviews for new developments
- Management of all technical interfaces within the industry consortium
- Maintenance and use of management tools such as qualification databases
- Management and review of contractual requirements including specifications, test preparation and reporting
- Preparation, implementation and conclusion of follow-up measures for technical meetings with main contractors and customers
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Studies in mechanical engineering, electronics or electrical engineering
- Knowledge of design and development of armoured vehicles or defence-related products
- Professional oral and written communication skills in English – additional German language skills preferred
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Ideally, you should also have knowledge of DOORS
- Willingness to be part of an inter- and multinational team and willingness to travel for occasional business trips
- Basic knowledge of system safety / functional safety standards / norms (MIL-Std 882E, Def-Stan 00-56, IEC 61508 and ISO 26262) - preferred
- Basic knowledge of occupational health and safety (UK & EU) - preferred
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Interesting and varied opportunities in a leading role for large scale and demanding International and National projects across the whole life cycle (development, series production, In-Service Support) of a state-of-the art military vehicle
- Individual training and a broad range of career enhancement opportunities within the organization (up to Project Manager/Director level)
- An office that is easily accessible by public or private transport within Munich
- Attractive payment package and superannuation scheme
- Flexible office hours
WHO WE ARE
The Vehicle Systems Division, part of the Rheinmetall Group’s Defence Sector, is one of the market’s major, full-service providers. It covers logistical and tactical military vehicles – both wheeled and tracked – as well as combat vehicles and turret systems for armed forces the world over – from end to end and from a single source.
Rheinmetall Group is a listed stock corporation based in Düsseldorf, Germany. It is an integrated technology group with solid, internationally successful operations in the fields of security and mobility. The company’s Automotive Sector occupies a leading position as an automotive supplier and is a reliable partner when it comes to developing and producing components for the drive systems of today and tomorrow. The Group’s Defence Sector is a leading European systems supplier for defence technology and a trusted partner of the armed forces.
Contact Person: Ms. Heister
Tel.: +49 (0) 2131 / 5350-7665