- Ref. no.: DE01216
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Permanent Contract
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The BOXER 8x8 armoured vehicle has been developed in a joint co-operation programme between Germany and the Netherlands by the international consortium ARTEC GmbH in Munich, Germany. ARTEC is a joint-venture of Krauss-Maffei Wegmann GmbH & Co. KG, Rheinmetall Military Vehicles GmbH and Rheinmetall Defence Nederland B.V. ARTEC is the prime contractor responsible for the BOXER Programme, the co-ordination of series production and the focal point for export. Annual sales are normally between 200 and 300 million EUR and as of November 2019 more than 1,200 BOXER vehicles have been contracted.
- Support to Safety Manager in preparation, conduct and close follow-on actions for safety meetings with Main-Subcontractors and Customer
- Conduct of safety analysis incl. creation and maintenance of FTAs, FMEA, FMEDA etc.
- Support to Safety Manager in managing safety technical interfaces between specific systems within the industrial consortium
- Maintain and use Systems Engineering management tools (e.g. DOORS)
- Conduct reviews of safety artefacts
- Support to Safety Manager in legislation compliance activities
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Electronics, Aerospace Engineer, certified Engineer or equivalent
- Proven working knowledge of system safety / functional safety standards / norms (Mil-Std 882E, Def-Stan 00-56, IEC 61508 and ISO 26262)
- Proficient in Reliability Workbench, Qualification database (e.g. DOORS)
- Intellectually curious with strong logical reasoning skills – preferred
- Professional oral and written communication skills in English – additional German language skills preferred
- Knowledge in Occupational Health & Safety (UK & EU) legislation – preferred
- Knowledge in design and development of armoured vehicle or defence related products – preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
- Willingness to travel and work in a multinational Team
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Interesting and varied opportunities in a leading role for large scale and demanding International and National projects across the whole life cycle (development, series production, In-Service Support) of a state-of-the art military vehicle
- Individual training and a broad range of career enhancement opportunities within the organization (up to Project Manager/Director level)
- An office that is easily accessible by public or private transport within Munich
- Attractive payment package and superannuation scheme
- Flexible office hours
WHO WE ARE
The Vehicle Systems Division, part of the Rheinmetall Group’s Defence Sector, is one of the market’s major, full-service providers. It covers logistical and tactical military vehicles – both wheeled and tracked – as well as combat vehicles and turret systems for armed forces the world over – from end to end and from a single source.
Rheinmetall Group is a listed stock corporation based in Düsseldorf, Germany. It is an integrated technology group with solid, internationally successful operations in the fields of security and mobility. The company’s Automotive Sector occupies a leading position as an automotive supplier and is a reliable partner when it comes to developing and producing components for the drive systems of today and tomorrow. The Group’s Defence Sector is a leading European systems supplier for defence technology and a trusted partner of the armed forces.
Contact Person: Ms. Heister
Tel.: +49 (0) 2131 / 5350-7665