- Ref. no.: 11100114
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Full Time
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Are you looking for a new challenge that puts you in charge of performing your duties? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Provide input to product design engineers regarding manufacturability issues
- Collaborate with product design engineers in resolving production problems
- Maintain working knowledge of product function and critical characteristics
- Responsible for maintaining and improving production process performance
- Collaborate with quality engineers and production personnel to evaluate internal and customer quality concerns; provide data, analyses and documentation necessary to request and obtain approval for process deviations
- Jointly with quality engineer and production coordinator, review and approve operation, setup, and inspection instructions and verification documents
- Provide technical support for the launch of new production processes and products
- Support product/process change activities through Change Management system
- Write and maintain technical documentation and instructions to ensure a safe and productive working environment (e.g. PFMEA and work instructions)
- Assist with shop floor activities as necessary to ensure compliance with customer delivery schedule (e.g. changeovers, equipment troubleshooting and repair)
- Provide training to production team for safe, efficient operation
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience in automotive manufacturing environment
- Proficient in troubleshooting automated assembly processes
- Proficient with MS Office suite
- Good knowledge of English language (verbal and written)
- Organized, open minded and result-oriented
- Willingness to Travel
- Strong attitude for team work
- Ability to work under pressure
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Requirements
- Environment Exposures Encountered
Mechanical or electrical hazards
Dust, odors, gases and other airborne matter
- Essential Physical Requirements
Moderate lifting (up to 35 lbs.), pulling, stooping, finger dexterity, crouching, typing, talking, reaching/grasping, hearing, standing, repetitive motions, sitting, walking, pushing
- Visual Requirements
Close vision (clear vision at one foot or less)
Distance vision (clear vision of greater than arm’s length away)
Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
Ability to focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring object into focus)
- Required PPE
Safety shoes when operating mobile lift equipment
- Additional Job Requirements
Working >40 hours/week
Having planned workflow interrupted
- Oral Communication
- Ongoing communication with work team
- Interdepartmental communication
- Written Communication
- Compose letters/memos for internal/external use
- Complete forms for internal/external use
- Use e-mail system
- Write and maintain documentation.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHO WE ARE
Pierburg US, LLC, Fountain Inn (SC), manufactures components in the segments air supply and emission control and is part of Rheinmetall Automotive’s Mechatronics Division.
Rheinmetall Group is a listed stock corporation based in Düsseldorf, Germany. It is an integrated technology group with solid, internationally successful operations in the fields of mobility and security. The company’s Automotive Sector occupies a leading position as an automotive supplier and is a reliable partner when it comes to developing and producing components for the drive systems of today and tomorrow. The Group’s Defence Sector is a leading European systems supplier for defence technology and a trusted partner of the armed forces.