- Ref. no.: 11100115
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Full Time
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Are you looking for a new challenge that puts you in charge of performing your duties? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FORPierburg is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Fountain Inn team.
This individual will design tooling and equipment to support operational needs. They will also be responsible for the revision of existing tool designs to improve manufacturing efficiency, reduce quality defects, accommodate product changes, improve changeovers and reduce maintenance downtime. Maintain drawings as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate with maintenance, production personnel and manufacturing engineers to identify opportunities for improvement
• Design and detail tooling for continuous improvement activities
• Design and detail tooling for rework processes and product testing
• Coordinate fabrication and purchase of components
• Lead the build, installation, and debug of equipment upgrades
• Organize, update and maintain all mechanical, electrical and facility drawings and solid models
• Provide analysis and input to design reviews for purchased machinery
• Coordinate activities of internal machine shop
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVEREQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• BS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education/experience
• Three years related experience in automated assembly equipment design
• Comprehensive understanding of relevant machining processes and measurement techniques
• Extensive experience in Solidworks and AutoCAD software
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Requirements
• Environment Exposures Encountered
Mechanical or electrical hazards
Dust, odors, gases and other airborne matter
• Essential Physical Requirements
Moderate lifting (up to 50 lbs.), climbing, crouching, standing, pulling, kneeling, typing, reaching/grasping, pushing, hearing, sitting, walking, pushing, stooping
• Visual Requirements
Close vision (clear vision at one foot or less)
Distance vision (clear vision of greater than arm’s length)
Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
Ability to focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring objects into focus)
• Required PPE
• Additional Job Requirements
Working >40 hours/week
Having planned workflow interrupted
• Ongoing communication with work team
• Interdepartmental communication
• Compose letters/memos for internal/external use
• Complete forms for internal/external use
• Use e-mail system
• Write and maintain documentation.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHO WE ARE
Pierburg US, LLC, Fountain Inn (SC), manufactures components in the segments air supply and emission control and is part of Rheinmetall Automotive’s Mechatronics Division.
Rheinmetall Group is a listed stock corporation based in Düsseldorf, Germany. It is an integrated technology group with solid, internationally successful operations in the fields of mobility and security. The company’s Automotive Sector occupies a leading position as an automotive supplier and is a reliable partner when it comes to developing and producing components for the drive systems of today and tomorrow. The Group’s Defence Sector is a leading European systems supplier for defence technology and a trusted partner of the armed forces.