- Ref. no.: DE01880
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Permanent Position
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Turret Mechanical Engineering Lead (m/f/d) is responsible for:
- Development of mechanical interfaces of the Turret sub-system
- Ability to use or familiarity with NX and the ability to control and manage the baseline design within a PLM environment
- Managing of a team of engineers and designers including interfacing with speciality subject matter experts for FEA, Human Factors, Safety, Environmental and Legislation
- Perform system level trades and balances to determine optimum physical architectural design within the system design boundaries for the vehicle
- Undertaking system level analysis through to specification of sub-system requirements into the design team or into sub-contractors
- Understanding of weight management and ability to identify and implement weight saving opportunities
- Generating physical interface requirements specifications between Hull, Turret, Weapon and Survivability subsystems
- Support in planning and implementing of Turret development including prioritisation of design resource
- Identifying key risks, issues and develop mitigations as necessary
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Successfully completed degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 15 years professional exerience in engineering including significant experience in physical architecture and mechanical design of turret systems
- Working knowledge of lethality, Survivability, weapon and sighting systems
- Previous Defence industry experience in delivering complex platforms/systems is desireable
- Ability to use requirements management software (DOORS) is desireable
- Familiarity with safety standards and requirements for the design and qualification of safety related systems
- Willingness to travel internationally when required
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHO WE ARE
The Vehicle Systems Division, part of the Rheinmetall Group’s Defence Sector, is one of the market’s major, full-service providers. It covers logistical and tactical military vehicles – both wheeled and tracked – as well as combat vehicles and turret systems for armed forces the world over – from end to end and from a single source.
Rheinmetall Group is a listed stock corporation based in Düsseldorf, Germany. It is an integrated technology group with solid, internationally successful operations in the fields of security and mobility. The company’s Automotive Sector occupies a leading position as an automotive supplier and is a reliable partner when it comes to developing and producing components for the drive systems of today and tomorrow. The Group’s Defence Sector is a leading European systems supplier for defence technology and a trusted partner of the armed forces.
Contact Person: Ms. Merch
Phone: +49 2131 5350 7667