- Ref. no.: US00139
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Full Time
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
You want to launch your career at the right pace from the get-go? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
This position will be responsible for acting as the technical liaison between the US customer and Pierburg`s respective local and global development centers, as it pertains to Pierburg Products. This position also provides technical support internally to the manufacturing location related to the product development and the customer specific application.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the technical liaison between customer and the competence center for Pierburg Products
- Support local sales organization on acquisition of new projects in the region
- Assist in developing product design proposals to meet customer specifications
- Prepare and conduct technical presentations, internal and external
- Support all product development and validation activities including but not limited to DFMEA, customer packaging reviews, 3D model and drawing creation including stack-up analysis, prototype builds and DV/PV testing
- Participate in weekly Simultaneous Engineering team meetings in order to fulfil project milestones on time
- Must complete assigned tasks within the established project timelines.
- Facilitate technical program meetings between customer and Development/Test Engineers at the headquarters in Europe
- Responsible for publishing Meeting Minutes from technical customer meetings
- Initiate and follow through with engineering changes via Engineering Change Management tools
- Develop and maintain DVP&R plan in accordance with customer program timing
- Responsible for obtaining customer approval related to technical documents, reports and specifications submitted to the customer
- Follow internal guide lines and procedures according to IATF, AIAG and Customer specific requirements for APQP
- Analyze and verify customer control strategies implemented for use with Pierburg products according to Pierburg application guidelines
- Coordinate internal in-depth analysis of customer returned engineering samples
- Support plant Quality and manufacturing teams with problem resolution in case of technical issues in production
- Support Supplier Quality in case of issues or deviation requests (SREA)
- Develop and launch material cost reduction ideas in coordination with plant and purchasing departments
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- BSME or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years related experience in Powertrain Product Application
- Intermediate level of knowledge in solid mechanics, thermodynamics and materials engineering
- Intermediate computer knowledge / MS Office (Word, Excel, Project . . .)
- Good understanding of CAD and CAE tools and how to apply them
- Knowledgeable and experienced in reading drawings and the use of GD&T
- Familiar with product development processes
- Innovative thinking as well as ability to make contact and willing to cooperate in global team environment
- Efficient in writing, communication and presenting results
- Willingness to travel as needed and to work abroad for training purposes
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHO WE ARE
Pierburg US, LLC, Fountain Inn (SC), manufactures components in the segments air supply and emission control and is part of Rheinmetall Automotive’s Mechatronics Division.
Rheinmetall Group is a listed stock corporation based in Düsseldorf, Germany. It is an integrated technology group with solid, internationally successful operations in the fields of mobility and security. The company’s Automotive Sector occupies a leading position as an automotive supplier and is a reliable partner when it comes to developing and producing components for the drive systems of today and tomorrow. The Group’s Defence Sector is a leading European systems supplier for defence technology and a trusted partner of the armed forces.