- Ref. no.: DE02712
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Permanent Position
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The highly complex simulators developed by Rheinmetall support our customers worldwide in training and educating qualified personnel. Our system solutions specialize both in third-party vehicle platforms and Rheinmetall's own portfolio of products, such as the advanced Lynx infantry fighting vehicle. As a technology group, we are constantly refining our products, including in the disciplines of cloud, AI and system-of-systems. The innovative strength and commitment of our employees are of paramount importance in this regard.
As Technical Manager (m/f/d) you will take responsibility for the technical success of the respective projects. In addition to the technical management of experienced development teams, your area of responsibility also includes conceptual collaboration at system level.
The following activities await you in detail:
- Technical responsibility for projects within the land simulation department, with a volume of more than ten million Euros
- Technical leadership of the project teams (the focus of development is on software development) between 10 and 40 people
- Design and implementation of modern system concepts based on recognised architecture frameworks
- Coordination of all development activities as well as active monitoring of technical project planning and compliance with processes
- Tool-supported requirements management is an indispensable and familiar component of professional project management
- Implementation of regular project status meetings including presentation of the development results
- Support of project managers in claim management towards suppliers and customers
- Development of complex new systems in major international projects, together with industrial partners
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Completed studies in computer science, electrical engineering or comparable
- Min. 5 years of professional experience in a comparable position, including experience in leading software development teams
- Project experience in the simulation or defense environment is very desirable, alternatively in large software-based projects
- Interest in actively designing a customer-oriented development process
- Willingness to travel internationally (depending on the project) is required
- Very good German and English skills, both spoken and written
- You are characterized by a willingness to innovate, negotiating skills and the ability to cooperate and work in a team
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We offer you a creative and dynamic working environment in which challenging and exciting tasks await you: innovative solutions for the future of mobility and safety. As a group with a history and a future, we offer you a secure job and the prospect of long-term development. We attach great importance to the compatibility of career and family. We look forward to your experience and expertise to help us drive forward the future of mobility and safety together with motivated colleagues.
At our location in Bremen we offer you:
- Flexible working hours (flexitime and trust-based working hours)
- Attractive compensation and 30 days of vacation per year
- Exciting, interdisciplinary and international projects in a matrix organization
- A corporate culture that promotes professional and personal development
- Employee benefits of a large corporation, e.g. company pension plan, employee stock purchase program and discounts with numerous suppliers
- Fitness and health offers as well as VIVA family service
- Subsidized company restaurant and free water, coffee and fruit
WHO WE ARE
Digitalisation, networking, cyber – the Electronic Solutions division covers the entire chain of effects in the system network: from sensors and the networking of platforms and soldiers to the (partially) automated connection of effectors. This is complemented by solutions for protection in cyberspace. Other fields of activity of this Rheinmetall division include comprehensive training and simulation solutions, to which the company contributes over 40 years of experience. Furthermore, there are operator solutions for aircraft. The division is divided into the following business units: Air Defence & Radar Systems, Integrated Electronic Systems and Technical Publications.
Rheinmetall AG, publicly listed and based in Düsseldorf, Germany, is a powerful, internationally successful corporation. As an integrated technology group, Rheinmetall is a market leader in the areas of environmentally friendly mobility and threat-appropriate security technology. Rheinmetall commands a foremost position as a global first-tier supplier to the automotive industry for modules and systems. Furthermore, Rheinmetall is Europe’s foremost supplier of defence and security technology and a longstanding partner of the armed forces.
Person of Contact: Mrs. Bär
Central Recruiting Hotline:
+ 49 (0) 2131 5350 7667