- Ref. no.: US00150
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Full Time
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Position Summary: Effective management of new program launches using the Pierburg Pump Technology / Pierburg Product Development Process “PDP”. Communicate with internal stakeholders and external customers to ensure that accurate timing, cost, quality, and program specific goals are achieved.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop project plan, timeline, and budget and manage project according to specific goals and objectives
- Act as leader of cross-functional project teams for assigned programs
- Key point of contact for program related issues to customers
- Ensure that all design and process changes are managed using the change management process (ECM) internally and externally and within project scope related to timing, cost, and quality
- Coordinate and facilitate program/design/testing reviews with internal customers (production, purchasing, logistics, engineering, and testing) in accordance to PDP process
- Communicate customer specific requirements to project core team members and ensure that they are understood and fulfilled
- Ensure product quality
- Present program status for management review in Gate Review Meetings/(VIP meetings and steering committee meetings when needed)
- Assist sales in quotation activities (initial offers and engineering changes)
- Schedule Programs in systems and keep updated as needed (PPRO/SAP)
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- BS Engineering (ME, IE, EE preferred) or equivalent education/experience
- 5+ years engineering and/or automotive program management experience
- A minimum of 5+ years engineering and/or program management experience in a Tier 1 / Tier 2 supplier environment, ideally with powertrain products.
- Knowledge of project management tools (e.g. MS projects software)
- Willingness to work over-time as required by project timing
- Willingness to travel internationally as needed
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHO WE ARE
The Sensors and Actuators division is synonymous with outstanding expertise in gas, thermal and fluid management applications in the mobility domain and industry.
Its five business units – Actuators, Automotive Emission Systems, Commercial Diesel Systems, Pump Technology, and Solenoid Valves – develop solutions for major challenges facing the automotive sector, including downsizing, reducing emissions and boosting efficiency, while simultaneously optimizing performance. The division’s comprehensive product portfolio encompasses a multitude of exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) systems; throttle valves, control dampers and exhaust flaps for electromotors; solenoid valves; actuators and valve train systems; oil, water and vacuum pumps for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and light and heavy-duty off-road applications; as well as industrial solutions.
Rheinmetall AG, publicly listed and based in Düsseldorf, Germany, is a powerful, internationally successful corporation. As an integrated technology group, Rheinmetall is a market leader in the areas of environmentally friendly mobility and threat-appropriate security technology. Rheinmetall commands a foremost position as a global first-tier supplier to the automotive industry for modules and systems. Furthermore, Rheinmetall is Europe’s foremost supplier of defence and security technology and a longstanding partner of the armed forces.