- Ref. no.: DE03821
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Permanent Position
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Turret Surveillance & Target Acquisition Engineering Lead is an engineering specialist with applied knowledge of turret sensor systems including Gunner and Commanders sighting, Situational awareness, Acoustic shot location, Laser warning receivers, Electro-optic sensors, Radar systems and Electronic Warfare. This key strategic position is a pivotal role focusing mainly on the successful delivery of infantry fighting vehicles (e.g. Boxer CRV, Lynx) for our international projects.
The tasks will include:
- Applying knowledge of automatic target trackers and detection.
- Supporting algorithms and general image processing to aid and support situational awareness or target acquisition.
- Develop overall Turret performance, providing assurance of meeting key performance requirements (PHit, Protection, DRI) through analysis and test.
- Responsible for requirements analysis and sub-system specification for the sighting systems including error budget apportionments.
- Development of interface requirements specifications between Turret, Electrical and Electronic Architecture, Weapon and Sensor subsystems.
- Apply your knowledge of safety standards and requirements for the design and qualification of safety related systems.
- Apply your understanding of Electro Optic Protection Measures.
- Ability to undertake system level analysis through to specification of sub-system requirements into the design team or into sub-contractors.
- Identify key risks, issues and develop mitigations as necessary.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Transparency. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Degree in Engineering.
- More than 15 years significant experience in surveillance and target acquisition systems within a lethality and weapon system.
- Experience of integration of sensor systems into a complex electronic architecture and fire control system.
- Technical domain knowledge of turret system design within the end to end lethality performance chain.
- Applied working knowledge of turret and weapon system designs.
- Ability to use requirements management software (DOORS).
- Domain knowledge of turret systems including lethality, survivability, weapon and sighting systems.
- Previous Defence Industry experience in delivering complex platforms/systems is beneficial.
- Be eligible for a Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment screening.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We offer you a creative and dynamic working environment in which challenging and exciting tasks await you: innovative solutions for the future of mobility and security. As a Group with a history and a future, we offer you a secure job and the prospect of long-term development. We attach great importance to the compatibility of career and family. We look forward to your experience and expertise to help us drive forward the future of mobility and safety together with motivated colleagues.
At our location in Unterlüß we offer you:
- Attractive remuneration and flexible working time models
- Company pension scheme
- Mobile working
- Subsidized company restaurant
- Shuttle bus from the station to the plant
- Corporate Benefits Plattform
WHO WE ARE
Tactics and logistics: The Vehicle Systems division offers a field-proven and versatile vehicle portfolio on wheels and tracks. This includes combat, support, logistics and special vehicles and is constantly evolving. The division is divided into the following business units: Tactical Vehicles and Logistic Vehicles. Sensors, guidance systems, protection technologies and effectors from the partner divisions turn Rheinmetall's wheeled and tracked vehicles into highly effective systems.
Rheinmetall AG, publicly listed and based in Düsseldorf, Germany, is a powerful, internationally successful corporation. As an integrated technology group, Rheinmetall is a market leader in the areas of environmentally friendly mobility and threat-appropriate security technology. Rheinmetall commands a foremost position as a global first-tier supplier to the automotive industry for modules and systems. Furthermore, Rheinmetall is Europe’s foremost supplier of defence and security technology and a longstanding partner of the armed forces.
Central contact person: Mr. Jasper
Central recruiting hotline:
+49 (0) 2131 5350 7667