- Ref. no.: US00157
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Full Time
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Systems Engineer is responsible for overall system specification, design and validation for both current and future ARS products in the area of fire control systems. The candidate should have a passion for systems development and a sense of ownership that will lead to the development of next generation products. This position works closely with mechanical, electronic and software engineering resources to develop and demonstrate product architectures. This position also works closely with program management personnel in a project team environment. This is a ground level opportunity within a small but growing product development team.
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary development team including mechanical, electronics and software designers to develop system and sub system architectures for vehicle and soldier electronics applications
• Derive system requirements from customer requirements and performance specifications
• Analyze and decompose system requirements to define key performance characteristics
• Lead System Modeling definition with firm understanding of system boundaries, interfaces, behaviors, and states and modes
• Lead system level trade studies and analysis
• Integrate and test products in a System Integration Lab, or hardware-in-the-loop environment
• Assist in development and execution of subsystem and system level qualification testing
• Analyze and optimize system performance and manage upgrades
• Define and support formal verification and validation for product launch
• Manage relationships with project stakeholders to ensure performance is optimized
• Coordinate and directly participate in product and technology transfer efforts with US and foreign divisions
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
• BS in Systems, Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Engineering or other relevant technical field. MS or higher preferred.
• 5+ years of relevant US Defense experience in fire control and related sensor systems with a detailed knowledge of Military Standards and regulations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Applied working knowledge in the domain of fire control and lethality with a proven track record of product development throughout the entire product lifecycle
• Experience in systems based design and related Standards/Processes including System Modeling (e.g. Rhapsody or Cameo)
• Detailed knowledge of mechanical, electronic, electrical engineering and vehicle operational principles
• Familiarity with the US Army TACOM / TARDEC organizations preferred
• Wide range of experience in Weapon and Ammunition development, manufacturing, and validation testing is desired
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Motivated and self-directed
• Demonstrated leadership ability while working well in a multidisciplinary team environment
• Strong communication skills both written and verbally
• Experience of working in a multi-national, multi-organizational and corporate environment is a plus
• Ability to travel to Germany and other sites in the US and abroad as required
• Ability to speak German is a plus
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
Ability to travel internationally and domestically as required
American Rheinmetall Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (EOE/Veteran/Disability) and is a participant in the E-Verify program. For information on this and Your Rights to work please go to: https://www.e-verify.gov/
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHO WE ARE
Digitalisation, networking, cyber – the Electronic Solutions division covers the entire chain of effects in the system network: from sensors and the networking of platforms and soldiers to the (partially) automated connection of effectors. This is complemented by solutions for protection in cyberspace. Other fields of activity of this Rheinmetall division include comprehensive training and simulation solutions, to which the company contributes over 40 years of experience. Furthermore, there are operator solutions for aircraft. The division is divided into the following business units: Air Defence & Radar Systems, Integrated Electronic Systems and Technical Publications.
Rheinmetall AG, publicly listed and based in Düsseldorf, Germany, is a powerful, internationally successful corporation. As an integrated technology group, Rheinmetall is a market leader in the areas of environmentally friendly mobility and threat-appropriate security technology. Rheinmetall commands a foremost position as a global first-tier supplier to the automotive industry for modules and systems. Furthermore, Rheinmetall is Europe’s foremost supplier of defence and security technology and a longstanding partner of the armed forces.