- Ref. no.: US00167
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Full Time
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FORUnder the direction of the Group Leader – Product Development, the Design Engineer is responsible for managing the piston design related aspects of his or her assigned customer base. Specifically, Design Engineers are to manage the piston design process, support the Application Engineers and provide solutions to piston design issues. Required skills include: strong communication and presentation skills and self motivation to complete design tasks with moderate supervision in an effort to fulfill the company’s customer satisfaction goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design Diesel and/or Gasoline pistons via the use of KS’s benchmarking data, temperature prediction calculations, pin calculation, house norm, etc. and proactively present solutions to design issues/critical items for each design as needed to the Design Review Committee and the Applications Engineer (AE).
• Initiate and maintain throughout the design process the DFMEA.
• Initiate CAD e-work orders to facilitate the CAD process and conduct initial print check reviews to support final release of subject print via AE’s.
• Maintain, per quality system requirements, KUS design folders to ensure 100% compliance.
• Initiate and maintain KUS’s internal DVP&R for all design projects.
• Working with the AE’s, prepare customer design presentations in a manner that ensure the highest level of professionalism and competency at the customer.
• Maintain and develop global benchmarking data for KUS requirements (North American customers).
• Provide support as needed to the AE’s per AE/DE responsibility matrix.
• Continually update overall manufacturing know how and knowledge of the KS global system.
• Foster a strong working relationship with the AE’s responsible for your accounts to ensure that KUS is viewed as “one” company speaking with “one” design voice at the customer.
• Develop a working relationship with counterparts throughout the KS global organization.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVETo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. (The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering; or an associate’s degree in engineering or engineering technology and 3-5 years of progressively responsible related experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical specifications, professional journals, and blueprints. Ability to prepare reports and documentation. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, vendors and/or other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as the fundamentals of algebra, geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall’s Materials and Trade division numbers among the world’s foremost makers and development partners of system components for the basic motor. Its Trade business unit represents the Group’s global aftermarket activities.
In the realm of research and development, the division’s Small-Bore Pistons, Large-Bore Pistons, Bearings, and Castings business units focus on meeting the major challenges now facing the sector, such as weight reduction, emission reduction and increased service life, while simultaneously boosting performance. The division’s comprehensive product portfolio includes pistons for gasoline and diesel engines for passenger cars and trucks; pistons for two-stroke motors and compressors; large-bore pistons for stationary motors, marine diesel engines and locomotives; polymer-coated and metallic plain bearings; cast parts (such as structural components); and continuous casting products.
Rheinmetall AG, publicly listed and based in Düsseldorf, Germany, is a powerful, internationally successful corporation. As an integrated technology group, Rheinmetall is a market leader in the areas of environmentally friendly mobility and threat-appropriate security technology. Rheinmetall commands a foremost position as a global first-tier supplier to the automotive industry for modules and systems. Furthermore, Rheinmetall is Europe’s foremost supplier of defence and security technology and a longstanding partner of the armed forces.