- Ref. no.: US00168
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Full Time
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Applications Engineer closely interfaces with company customers to acquire, organize and analyze customer goals and engine requirements to design and/or revise products meeting customer specifications, requirements and costs, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the company to its customers, acquiring, organizing and analyzing customer goals and engine requirements.
- Provide program design management from concept through series production.
- Coordinate with the Account Manager to provide technical data and information to provide timely and accurate quotations.
- Coordinate with manufacturing to ensure the most cost effective manufacturability of the product.
- Direct, guide, coordinate and provide technical expertise in the development of product designs that meet customer specifications, production and delivery requirements and cost limitations.
- Perform product design analysis, and inspect, analyze and diagnose engine tested pistons and related systems. Coordinate performance tests and perform failure analysis and design verification.
- Act as the technical resource and liaison between the company and its customers to address and resolve inquiries, technical reviews, and problems, provide interpretation of drawings and specifications, and advise of the effect of piston features and specification variation.
- Work with customers to ensure products perform to their expectations.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in new developments within the industry.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- BSME or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of related experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and effectively communicate with customers and other employees of the organization is required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, customer specifications, blueprints, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Travel within USA and International as required
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall’s Materials and Trade division numbers among the world’s foremost makers and development partners of system components for the basic motor. Its Trade business unit represents the Group’s global aftermarket activities.
In the realm of research and development, the division’s Small-Bore Pistons, Large-Bore Pistons, Bearings, and Castings business units focus on meeting the major challenges now facing the sector, such as weight reduction, emission reduction and increased service life, while simultaneously boosting performance. The division’s comprehensive product portfolio includes pistons for gasoline and diesel engines for passenger cars and trucks; pistons for two-stroke motors and compressors; large-bore pistons for stationary motors, marine diesel engines and locomotives; polymer-coated and metallic plain bearings; cast parts (such as structural components); and continuous casting products.
Rheinmetall AG, publicly listed and based in Düsseldorf, Germany, is a powerful, internationally successful corporation. As an integrated technology group, Rheinmetall is a market leader in the areas of environmentally friendly mobility and threat-appropriate security technology. Rheinmetall commands a foremost position as a global first-tier supplier to the automotive industry for modules and systems. Furthermore, Rheinmetall is Europe’s foremost supplier of defence and security technology and a longstanding partner of the armed forces.