- Ref. no.: US00169
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Full Time
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FORPOSITION SUMMARY:
Support Lab activities in prototyping, development and warranty analysis activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage (plan) and lead prototype builds: lead all activities required from prototype order receipt until shipment (including but not limited to build and testing fixtures, control plans, coordinating external labs for certification of customer drawing dimensions, …), with the support of Test Engineers and/or Technicians, assigned by the Team Leader Testing and Prototyping.
• Manage parts procurement for prototype builds (manage prototype supply base, purchase requisitions, timing and logistics of purchased/sold parts, manage goods receipt, manage goods receipt, invoices, shippers, …).
• Lead expansion of prototyping capabilities: coordinate all activities required to expand prototyping capabilities for all established Mechatronics NAFTA products.
• Support purchasing of outside services and equipment (write technical specifications, support sourcing) as needed to expand and secure prototyping activities.
• Support design verifications and product validations (DV/PV), by: managing relevant samples build or procurement, according the Testing Development Coordinator’s needs; performing teardown analysis for any sample at the end of the DV/PV and providing a report summarizing the findings.
• Manage warranty returns, to support Plant Quality: manage tracking, analysis and final reporting on any warranty return in coordination with Plant Quality.
• Ensure compliance of procedures and documents into the Quality Management System with Mechatronics Lab operations, with the support of Testing Development Coordinator
• Manage (plan) and lead the certification/calibration of all measuring devices in the Mechatronics lab with the support of the Testing Development Coordinator
• Secure: access to test benches, for prototypes or warranty returns performance testing, by coordinating needs with the Testing Development Coordinator; support of Technicians or Testing Engineers, assigned by the Team Leader Testing and Prototyping.
• Support the Testing Development Coordinator in tracking/monitoring of available resources (heads and benches), to secure all DV/PV/prototyping/warranty/returns activities.
• Support engineering in development of product improvement concepts or cost reduction activities.
• Operate test equipment for all established Mechatronics NAFTA products.
• Hands on capability to assemble mechanical components.
• UniGraphics, IDEAS or CATIA V5 knowledge and experience.
• Proficient in a foreign language.
• Capable of having technical discussions with the customer.
• Good presentation skills (to introduce or lead Customer or Management visits to the lab).
• Perform other job related duties as assigned.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVEREQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering OR associate degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electric/Electronics and at least 6 years’ experience in testing of powertrain or automotive components OR 2 years’ experience in a program or project manager role or development engineer role
• Basic understanding of electronics and electrical tools such as, but not limited to: multi-meters, oscilloscopes and power supplies
• Basic knowledge of the automotive quality standards and processes, including the certification/calibration of the measuring devices
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Willingness to travel as needed and to work abroad for training purposes
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHO WE ARE
The Sensors and Actuators division is synonymous with outstanding expertise in gas, thermal and fluid management applications in the mobility domain and industry.
Its five business units – Actuators, Automotive Emission Systems, Commercial Diesel Systems, Pump Technology, and Solenoid Valves – develop solutions for major challenges facing the automotive sector, including downsizing, reducing emissions and boosting efficiency, while simultaneously optimizing performance. The division’s comprehensive product portfolio encompasses a multitude of exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) systems; throttle valves, control dampers and exhaust flaps for electromotors; solenoid valves; actuators and valve train systems; oil, water and vacuum pumps for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and light and heavy-duty off-road applications; as well as industrial solutions.
Rheinmetall AG, publicly listed and based in Düsseldorf, Germany, is a powerful, internationally successful corporation. As an integrated technology group, Rheinmetall is a market leader in the areas of environmentally friendly mobility and threat-appropriate security technology. Rheinmetall commands a foremost position as a global first-tier supplier to the automotive industry for modules and systems. Furthermore, Rheinmetall is Europe’s foremost supplier of defence and security technology and a longstanding partner of the armed forces.