- Ref. no.: AU00590
- Contract type: Permanent Full-Time
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for experts from all over the world who are seeking for international experience in our multicultural teams and who would like to relocate to Australia.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for performing systems engineering tasks and providing Systems Engineering technical line management leadership related to development of Rheinmetall products including tactical and logistic vehicle systems and sub-systems.
As the Senior Systems Engineer (m/f/d) you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Provide leadership and line management to a small team of Systems Engineers;
- User needs, requirements analysis, derivation and decomposition;
- System Breakdown Structure definition;
- Functional analysis and requirements allocation;
- System and sub-system specification development and management;
- Managing technical change via ECP/CCP;
- Collaboration in interdisciplinary development teams in order to produce a solution that meets specification; and
- Co-ordination of internal and customer mandated design reviews and system audits.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Openness. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering;
- Minimum 7 years demonstrated application of formal Systems Engineering to product development;
- Experience in interpreting and analysing complex functional requirements;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to resolve complex problems and issues;
- Relevant experience in a related or similar industry;
- Very good command of written and spoken English; and
- Willingness to travel, including international travel.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Relocation packages will be offered
- Working in a great team and with exciting products
- Opportunity for career development and further training
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing.
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall, a global technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapon and Ammunition. RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capabilty to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection and sustainment.
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are commited to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work sucessfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer. Recognising these unique attributes, the Company has established a Veterans Employment Program that trains and supports veterans transitioning from the armed forces and seeking future employment in the commercial sector.
As an integrated technology group with more than 25,000 employees worldwide, the listed Rheinmetall AG stands for a strong, internationally successful company that operates in various markets with an innovative range of products and services. As a renowned development partner and direct supplier to the global automotive industry and a leading international systems provider for security technology, Rheinmetall draws on its high level of expertise in its basic technologies to address long-term megatrends, identify viable new markets with high growth potential and develop innovative solutions for a safe and liveable future. The focus on sustainability is an integral part of Rheinmetall's strategy. The company aims to achieve CO2 neutrality by 2035.
Responsible contact person:
+49 (0) 2131 5350 - 7685