- Ref. no.: AU00593
- Contract type: Permanent Full-Time
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for experts from all over the world who are seeking for international experience in our multicultural teams and who would like to relocate to Australia.
The Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Manager’s (m/f/d) responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing an appropriate ILS strategy for future acquisition contracts;
- Executing the endorsed L121 ILS strategy to ensure that the requirements of each element are properly planned, resourced, and efficiently implemented to ensure that all contractual deliverables are fully satisfied to time, cost and quality thereby directly contributing to the capabilities smooth transition from acquisition to sustainment;
- Identifying (as early as possible) reliability issues / problems and initiatiating system or part design improvements based on reliability, maintainability, testability or system availability analysis (i.e. recommending risk mitigating solutions);
- Define the actions and support necessary to ensure that the system attains the specified system readiness objectives with minimum Life Cycle Cost (LCC);
- Work closely with, and provide subject matter expertise to RDA vehicle systems project teams and sub-contractors as appropriate;
- Prepare and manage the ILS contracts and subcontractors, including acceptance of sub-contractor deliverables and performance;
- Maintain a collaborative and solutions focused approach with all internal and external customer interactions;
- Contribute to the development and manage of the ILS budgets;
- Regularly report on ILS business activities;
- Provide leadership and guidance to the ILS team to encourage high performance and contribution; and
- Support project review meetings in Australia and, where appropriate, overseas.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Safety, Partnering, Openness, Respect and Trust. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role include:
- Hold relevant technical tertiary level qualification; post graduate qualifications in project management, business management or similar is desirable
- It is highly desirable to have completed an ILSM course or other relevant Materiel Logistics training
- Extensive knowledge and experience as an ILS practitioner in Defence or large scale commercial projects which are highly complex and of a large commercial value
- Computer literate including the Microsoft Office suite of tools and Microsoft SharePoint
- Security Clearance or ability to gain security clearance at Defence Baseline vetting as well as familiar with AUSDEFCON desirable
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Relocations packages will be offered
- Working in a great team and with exciting products.
- Opportunity for career development and further training.
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community.
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400.
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases.
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations.
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships.
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing.
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall, a global technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapon and Ammunition. RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capabilty to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection and sustainment.
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are commited to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work sucessfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer. Recognising these unique attributes, the Company has established a Veterans Employment Program that trains and supports veterans transitioning from the armed forces and seeking future employment in the commercial sector.
As an integrated technology group with more than 25,000 employees worldwide, the listed Rheinmetall AG stands for a strong, internationally successful company that operates in various markets with an innovative range of products and services. As a renowned development partner and direct supplier to the global automotive industry and a leading international systems provider for security technology, Rheinmetall draws on its high level of expertise in its basic technologies to address long-term megatrends, identify viable new markets with high growth potential and develop innovative solutions for a safe and liveable future. The focus on sustainability is an integral part of Rheinmetall's strategy. The company aims to achieve CO2 neutrality by 2035.
Responsible contact person:
+49 (0) 2131 5350 - 7685