- Ref. no.: ZA00115
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Permanent Position
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Setup and operation of all RDM Test Range weapons.
- Fault-finding, service and basic maintenance on weapons.
- Preparations and testing of various ammunition, explosives and parts thereof.
- Demolition of ammunition, explosives and test items.
- Design new test methods according to new requirements and specifications.
- Assess ammunition failures, investigate and destroy blinds and strays.
- Planning and acquisition of testing equipment as needed.
- Travel mostly local and seldom international to perform tests.
- Assist and/or perform electronic instrumented tests.
- Interpret and implement Test Specifications during testing.
- Reporting on lot acceptance tests as quality representative.
- Assist with insensitive munitions and Advanced Detonics lab tests.
- Assist in any other Test Range activities as needed.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Grade 12 (Std.10) or similar NQF qualification.
- 10 years military experience.
- 2 years testing/firing range experience.
- SANDF Infantry/platoon weapons and ammunition qualified.
- SANDF Artillery weapons and ammunition qualified.
- Must be open for on-the-job training with regards to electronic measurements during testing.
- Sound knowledge of quality systems and to test according to systems.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/2015 Quality Management Systems.
- Excellent communication, client relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy (MS Office packages, statistical packages).
- Resourceful and display initiative to carry out any task with professional attitude and manner.
- Basic understanding of oscilloscopes and electronics would be advantageous.
- Incumbent must be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Demolition course certification would be advantageous.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHO WE ARE
Impact and cover – the Weapon and Ammunition Division's portfolio includes solutions for threat-appropriate, effective and accurate firepower as well as comprehensive protection. Whether on land, at sea or in the air, Rheinmetall supplies impressive systems that ensure superiority on the battlefields and operational areas of today and the future. The division is divided into three business units: Weapon and Munition, Propulsion Systems and Protection Systems.
As an integrated technology group with more than 25,000 employees worldwide, the listed Rheinmetall AG stands for a strong, internationally successful company that operates in various markets with an innovative range of products and services. As a renowned development partner and direct supplier to the global automotive industry and a leading international systems provider for security technology, Rheinmetall draws on its high level of expertise in its basic technologies to address long-term megatrends, identify viable new markets with high growth potential and develop innovative solutions for a safe and liveable future. The focus on sustainability is an integral part of Rheinmetall's strategy. The company aims to achieve CO2 neutrality by 2035.