- Ref. no.: ZA00144
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Permanent Position
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Develop innovative solutions for ammunition manufacturing facilities in cooperation with team members of different engineering disciplines.
- Do Research and Development to ensure the implementation of the latest technologies during the development processes.
- Mechanical designs from the concept phase up to and including detail design and drawings for manufacturing.
- Execute design reviews.
- Plan and prepare plant layout and inputs for civil structures.
- Ensure designs comply with legal and explosives regulatory requirements.
- Ensure designs comply with OHSA requirements.
- Ensure the availability of the budget.
- Oversee and give guidance to internal and external fabrication entities to fabricate and construct the designs.
- Ensure conformity to the specifications.
- Ensure manufactured / bought-out items adhere to quality standards.
- Ensure progress is on schedule and within budget.
- Plan and conduct tests and evaluations to verify the equipment and system performance.
- Investigate failures and ensure corrective action is taken.
- Ensure results are documented and configured.
- Ensure concept designs are developed into saleable products.
- Oversee the installation and implementation of the final product.
- Provide training / support on the usage of new products / systems.
- Business Support
- Compile technical documentation and costing in support of new business development.
- Interact with clients in support of business development.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Eng – Mechanical Engineering or higher
- Applicable Experience
- Five (5) years working experience in mechanical design related to a plant and equipment environment (experience in explosives or ammunition environment is desirable).
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks and or similar 3D CAD.
- Additional qualities or experience that will be to the benefit of the candidate
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good communication, planning and organising skills.
- Interdisciplinary skills related to engineering design.
- Highly organised and self-motivated.
- Analytical thinker with good reasoning skills
- Ability to interact with people at all levels
- Ability to work precisely and methodically with minimum supervision, self-starting attitude.
- Exposure to Explosive Regulations as set out in the OHS Act.
- Technical writing and documentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Travel requirement
- Travel domestically and internationally.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHO WE ARE
Impact and cover – the Weapon and Ammunition Division's portfolio includes solutions for threat-appropriate, effective and accurate firepower as well as comprehensive protection. Whether on land, at sea or in the air, Rheinmetall supplies impressive systems that ensure superiority on the battlefields and operational areas of today and the future. The division is divided into three business units: Weapon and Munition, Propulsion Systems and Protection Systems.
As an integrated technology group with more than 25,000 employees worldwide, the listed Rheinmetall AG stands for a strong, internationally successful company that operates in various markets with an innovative range of products and services. As a renowned development partner and direct supplier to the global automotive industry and a leading international systems provider for security technology, Rheinmetall draws on its high level of expertise in its basic technologies to address long-term megatrends, identify viable new markets with high growth potential and develop innovative solutions for a safe and liveable future. The focus on sustainability is an integral part of Rheinmetall's strategy. The company aims to achieve CO2 neutrality by 2035.