- Ref. no.: ZA00147
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Full Time
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: The Process Automation Engineer is responsible to provide manufacturing process support and product support i.e. manufacturing process documentation, process optimisation, CAPEX program, lean manufacturing and to liaise with both the Senior Management Team and the Internal customers within the Boksburg manufacturing site. The incumbent will focus on process automation – PLC Programming, Maintenance, Fixes and Back-ups
- Ensure manufacturing process PLC and other Automation Programs are in place for planned orders prior to the production start date
- Drive closure of the identified gaps from the manufacturing process documentation and PLC Program reviews.
- Completion of all assigned capital projects in accordance to project management best practices
- Completion of all developmental projects (i.e. projects from PD)
- Completion of the approved plant improvement initiatives for planned and current orders
- First line of support for operations/production
- Conduct operational studies with the aim of improving challenges, in line with the business plan priorities and to translate operational requirements into specifications.
- Offer Automation and PLC support and process support within the designated area.
- Develop viable strategies to optimise automated processes and methods.
- Map current operational processes and come up with best Programs possible.
- Work with functional leaders to increase productivity, reduce operating costs, maximise efficiency and manage human capital more effectively.
- Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve service problems, maximise reliability, and minimise cost.
- Communicate with management and user personnel to develop automated processes and process efficiency standards.
- Design and generate reports to identify opportunities that drive performance improvements.
- Create and deliver effective presentations regarding recommended solutions and alternatives for assigned initiatives.
- Manage the CAPEX process including safety, planning, budgeting, design, execution, and reporting within the guidelines in order to provide the best possible return on investment.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- BSc/BEng degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a continuous manufacturing environment.
- PLC and Automation Experience – Programming, Optimisation and Specification.
- PLC Experience – Siemens and Mitsubishi required
- Ability to manage diverse engineering projects
- Knowledge of CAPEX, Lean Manufacturing, SOW, SOP, FMEA, CAR, DoEs, RCA is desirable.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and achieve targets
- Knowledge of ERP system is a bonus.
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to demonstrate judgement and initiative.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and client relationship skills and ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Creative and advanced design skills.
- Project management skills
- Analytical thinker with good reasoning skills.
- Ability to work precisely and methodically with minimum supervision.
- Computer Literacy (MS Office, CAD - Solid Edge desirable)
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
WHO WE ARE
Impact and cover – the Weapon and Ammunition Division's portfolio includes solutions for threat-appropriate, effective and accurate firepower as well as comprehensive protection. Whether on land, at sea or in the air, Rheinmetall supplies impressive systems that ensure superiority on the battlefields and operational areas of today and the future. The division is divided into three business units: Weapon and Munition, Propulsion Systems and Protection Systems.
As an integrated technology group with more than 25,000 employees worldwide, the listed Rheinmetall AG stands for a strong, internationally successful company that operates in various markets with an innovative range of products and services. As a renowned development partner and direct supplier to the global automotive industry and a leading international systems provider for security technology, Rheinmetall draws on its high level of expertise in its basic technologies to address long-term megatrends, identify viable new markets with high growth potential and develop innovative solutions for a safe and liveable future. The focus on sustainability is an integral part of Rheinmetall's strategy. The company aims to achieve CO2 neutrality by 2035.