- Ref. no.: ZA00168
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Full Time
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Quality Engineer is responsible to support the automated systems for quality control and assurance within the Boksburg site and thereby facilitate efficient quality processes.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Management of the automated systems
- Monitoring of internal and external testing, reporting and optimizing processes for improved efficiency
- Monitoring of the certificate of conformance, reporting and optimizing
- Evaluate and interpret test results as part of a technical team
- Oversee the automation of the statistical quality control through the application of statistical methods.
- Design and implement the automation of internal tests, capability studies and reject notes system
- Supplier verification of manufacturing activities.
- Supplier Audits
- Supplier Qualifications
- Supervision of staff
- Management of all incoming and sub-contracted product including raw materials
- Advantageous: CMM, Mechanical Testing, CAD, 3-D Printing
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- BSc/BEng/BTech in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechatronics, Informatics or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Good problem solving skills, customer liaison skills and interpersonal skills are essential.
- A logical, flexible, self-motivated, reliable, well-spoken individual with thoroughness and tenacity.
- Knowledge and ability to apply the MS Office Software, especially Word & Excel packages are essential.
- Mechanical inspection experience will be advantageous
- Ability to work independently without supervision and work shifts and weekends.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
WHO WE ARE
Impact and cover – the Weapon and Ammunition Division's portfolio includes solutions for threat-appropriate, effective and accurate firepower as well as comprehensive protection. Whether on land, at sea or in the air, Rheinmetall supplies impressive systems that ensure superiority on the battlefields and operational areas of today and the future. The division is divided into three business units: Weapon and Munition, Propulsion Systems and Protection Systems.
As an integrated technology group with more than 25,000 employees worldwide, the listed Rheinmetall AG stands for a strong, internationally successful company that operates in various markets with an innovative range of products and services. As a renowned development partner and direct supplier to the global automotive industry and a leading international systems provider for security technology, Rheinmetall draws on its high level of expertise in its basic technologies to address long-term megatrends, identify viable new markets with high growth potential and develop innovative solutions for a safe and liveable future. The focus on sustainability is an integral part of Rheinmetall's strategy. The company aims to achieve CO2 neutrality by 2035.