- Ref. no.: FR00013
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Permanent Position
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
For the future training center for the Franco-German C-130J transport aircraft fleet in Évreux, we are looking for a Chief Flight Instructor (m/f/d) to lead and supervise flight training on our training simulators (C-130J).
The Chief Flight Instructor is responsible to ensure the flight simulation training needs, the training requirements and programmes, as well as managing the flight simulation training instructors team. Within the Chief Flight Instructor role, would also be conducting training and examinations on theoretical and practical level.
- Responsibility for the training and testing of trainees and their instructors in accordance with applicable requirements, conducting performance management and follow-up training as required
- Supervise instructors and ensure performance to meet required standards of training
- Responsibility for standardization of all flight simulation instruction
- Standardize all flight instruction and flight simulation instruction and ensure required quality is met
- Identify and evaluate future and current training requirements and needs for flight crew training, in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements as well as customer requirements
- Participate in the development of operations and training manuals and curriculum
- Responsibility for the effective use of technology, training aids, and materials
- Act as instructor and examiner as required
- Work effectively and diplomatically with civil aviation authorities, the training school management and its staff
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Hold an instructor certificate with the privilege to instruct for at least one of the training courses provided
- Have completed 1000 hours of flight time as pilot-in-command (PIC), at least 500 of those hours should be on flying instructional duties related
- At least five years of recent aircrew experience in the same class of Multiengine Military Transport Airplane (C130J), preferably C-130 or C-160 Transall aircraft
- Ability to work independently, analyze problems, and derive and implement appropriate actions to resolve them
- Excellent communication and leadership skills to establish and maintain successful and sustainable working relationships
- Understanding of pertinent procedures and regulatory requirements of civil and military aviation flight training requirements
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods
- Good written expression to write and document reports and training manuals
- Very good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of German and/or French is an advantage
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We offer you a creative and dynamic working environment in which challenging and exciting tasks await you: innovative solutions for the future of mobility and security. As a Group with a history and a future, we offer you a secure job and the prospect of long-term development. We attach great importance to the compatibility of career and family. We look forward to your experience and expertise to help us drive forward the future of mobility and safety together with motivated colleagues.
At our location in Évreux we offer you:
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive compensation and 30 days of vacation per year
- Exciting, interdisciplinary and international projects in a matrix organization
- A corporate culture that promotes professional and personal development
WHO WE ARE
Digitalisation, networking, cyber – the Electronic Solutions division covers the entire chain of effects in the system network: from sensors and the networking of platforms and soldiers to the (partially) automated connection of effectors. This is complemented by solutions for protection in cyberspace. Other fields of activity of this Rheinmetall division include comprehensive training and simulation solutions, to which the company contributes over 40 years of experience. Furthermore, there are operator solutions for aircraft. The division is divided into the following business units: Air Defence & Radar Systems, Integrated Electronic Systems and Technical Publications.
As an integrated technology group with more than 25,000 employees worldwide, the listed Rheinmetall AG stands for a strong, internationally successful company that operates in various markets with an innovative range of products and services. As a renowned development partner and direct supplier to the global automotive industry and a leading international systems provider for security technology, Rheinmetall draws on its high level of expertise in its basic technologies to address long-term megatrends, identify viable new markets with high growth potential and develop innovative solutions for a safe and liveable future. The focus on sustainability is an integral part of Rheinmetall's strategy. The company aims to achieve CO2 neutrality by 2035.
Responsible contact person: