- Ref. no.: 11100070
- Working hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Full Time
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Are you looking for a new position that gives you the freedom to mold your future however you like? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Senior Firmware Engineer is responsible for the software design, coding, verification and validation of firmware applications for both current and future ARS products. This position works closely with mechanical and electronic engineering resources to develop and demonstrate both new product architectures as well as implementing upgrades to existing product lines. The candidate should have a passion for embedded systems development and a sense of ownership that will lead to the development of next generation products. This is a ground level opportunity to help establish firmware development capabilities within a small but growing product development team.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary development team including mechanical and electronics designers to develop embedded systems for a variety of soldier electronics applications
- Derive software requirements from general system requirements
- Design, code and debug robust firmware for both concept demonstration as well as final production Hardware
- Document and present software design to peers, cross-functional teams, and customers
- Participate in both internal and customer design and code Reviews
- Evaluate, troubleshoot, and verify firmware both in the lab as well as in relevant simulation Environments
- Support formal verification and validation for product Launch
- Analyze and optimize system performance and manage Upgrades
- Provide engineering support for customer issue Resolution
- Lead code development improvements, new revision releases and planned product improvement initiatives
- Lead the definition of internal programming standards including code development processes, revision control and code review procedures
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- A Bachelor´s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant technical field
- 8-15 years’ experience in both design and manufacturing Environments
- Expertise with C, C++, Labview and software version control Systems
- Background in product development and life cycle management, preferably in a defense Environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Motivated and self-directed
- Demonstrated leadership ability while working well in a multidisciplinary team Environment
- Experience working in a diverse multinational engineering organization is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically as required
American Rheinmetall Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (EOE/Veteran/Disability) and is a participant in the E-Verify program. For information on this and Your Rights to work please go to: https://www.e-verify.gov/
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHO WE ARE
The Electronic Solutions Division, part of the Rheinmetall Group’s Defence Sector, partners with armed forces in the field of internal security by offering a comprehensive product portfolio from air defence, reconnaissance, and fire control systems to sophisticated simulators for training military and civilian customers. The range also includes the publication of complex technical manuals.
Rheinmetall Group is a listed stock corporation based in Düsseldorf, Germany. It is an integrated technology group with solid, internationally successful operations in the fields of security and mobility. The company’s Automotive Sector occupies a leading position as an automotive supplier and is a reliable partner when it comes to developing and producing components for the drive systems of today and tomorrow. The Group’s Defence Sector is a leading European systems supplier for defence technology and a trusted partner of the armed forces.