Manufacturing Centre Oberndorf
The Manufacturing Centre Oberndorf is operated by Rheinmetall Waffe Munition GmbH. Founded as the Königlich Württembergische Gewehrfabrik (Royal Württemberg Rifle Factory) in 1811, today’s Rheinmetall subsidiary in Oberndorf can look back on a history spanning more than two hundred years.
Decades of experience in the design, development and production of automatic machine guns have resulted in a range of modern and precise weapon systems that are easy to use, cost-efficient and reliable in service.
The Oberndorf site employs 260 people – including up to 30 trainees. Our company is one of the largest training providers in the region. In modern equipped workshops, our highly qualified team of trainers, who are always up to date with the latest technology, have been training young entrants in various professions for decades.
Decades of experience in the design and development of automatic machine guns have resulted in a range of modern and accurate weapon systems that are easy to use, cost effective and reliable in service.
Our weapon systems retain their firepower, precision and reliability even under extreme environmental conditions. They have an excellent mass-to-power ratio, compact design, long service life and reduced recoil forces, to name just a few of the factors that make our guns suitable for any ground, sea or air application.
Together with a wide range of available ammunition types and calibres, in-house firing ranges and extensive engineering Rheinmetall is the ideal partner when it comes to weapon concepts in the calibre range from 7.62 to 50 mm.
- Design and development of
- machine guns in calibre 20–50 mm
- remote-controlled integrated weapons in 7.62–12.7 mm calibre
- self-propelled and externally propelled weapons according to IEC 6150
- special accessories for weapons, assembly tools and devices
- Support of ammunition testing equipment in calibre 7.62–35 mm
- Design with Unigraphics NX1980 with TCUA13
- Integrated Logistics Support
- Technical Editing
- Product-related documentation, such as manuals, operating instructions, installation instructions, spare parts catalogues, etc.
- Conducting customer training courses at home and abroad
Rheinmetall Waffe Munition GmbH’s testing centre in Schramberg Sulgen conducts extensive weapon system and component testing for national and international customers.
Core activities here are the determination and verification of technical characteristics, functionality and reliability. A number of state-of-the-art facilities, climatic chambers and firing channels as well as highly qualified personnel are available for this purpose.
- Serial acceptance of weapons and weapon components of automatic machine guns MK20/Rh202, BK27, MK30-1, MK30-2, MK30-2/ABM
- Ammunition control and acceptance in the calibre range 5.56 to 35 mm
- Firing channels: Two with 30 m length and one with 100 m length
- Climatic chambers in the temperature range –70°C to +180°C as well as climatic chamber from –46°C to +70°C
- Salt spray chamber
- Sprinkler system
- Doppler radar for measurement of bullet velocities
- High-speed camera with up to 100,000 images per second
The central production area of our company is the so-called mechanical production.
Modern machines and machining centres as well as experienced and long-term employed personnel are the basis to meet the high requirements for all kinds of mechanical parts. Within the scope of our CNC machining, we produce complex mechanical parts (turned parts and milled parts as precision parts) including heat treatment based on the highest quality standards. Of course, we continuously invest in powerful and most modern machines.
- Milling up to a working area of 4,500 x 1,250 x 1,500 mm with CNC rotary table up to a diameter of 1,100x1,000 mm
- Turning up to a centre height of 690 mm and a centre length of up to 4,000 mm
- Eroding up to a working area of 1,200 x600x 350 mm
- Surface grinding up to a working range of 1,200 x600x 350 mm
- Cylindrical grinding up to a working range of diameter 450 mm and length up to 1,500 mm
- Waldrich boring and milling machine up to 10,000 x 3,100 x 2,500 mm
- Hardening up to 1,100°C, gas nitriding, induction hardening
- Honing, broaching, deep hole drilling
Our measurement technology is available for the determination of many para-meters and physical quantities in consultation with the customer.
We will be pleased to discuss our wide range of with you. Our offer ranges from planning to the actual execution to the evaluation of the measured values. As a service provider, all results and contents of your of your tests are confidential for us.
- Coordinate measuring centres up to 5,000x2,500x1,600 mm
- Contour, form and surface measuring machines, thread measurement up to 0.005 mm
- Length measuring machine up to 0.002 mm, spring testing machine, spectrometer
- Ballistic measurements: Bullet velocity, gas pressure, bullet transit times, cadence
- Mechanical measurements: Displacements, forces, accelerations, strains
- Electrical measurands: current, voltage, power
In the project business, 93% of all problems arise from a lack of communication or faulty project management processes. With the consequence that projects are not completed as planned, tie up unplanned resources and cause costs.
With their many years of experience in project management, our competent and certified project managers do not shy away from difficult projects. Too tight deadlines or unforeseen problems? The implementation of a project can quickly become a nightmare. Especially in complex projects, delays and obstacles cost not only nerves, but also a lot of time and money. If you are stuck with your project, we will be happy to help you out. Your project is safe with our employees. It is understood that our experts are up to date with the latest methods, processes and project management knowledge. With their many years of experience, they can bring even the most difficult projects back on track.
Our GPM/IPMA certified project managers supervise:
- Projects in the civil and military sector
- Complex national and international projects
- Initiating, planning, defining, controlling and completion of projects
Do you have any questions about our products or services?
We will be pleased to assist, and look forward to hearing from you.
Please kindly use the contact form below, or simply give us a call. We look forward to your enquiry and will respond as soon as possible.