Caracal – Air assault vehicle
Covering the full airborne operational spectrum
CARACAL – Rheinmetall’s answer to the upcoming airborne vehicle requirements around the world
Caracal is Rheinmetall’s new light air assault vehicle. Primarily aimed at airborne and special operations missions, the compact 4x4 keeps operators agile and dominant through speed, a low-signature profile, scalable protection and a multitude of armaments.
Its unique modular design allows Caracal to serve in airborne operations in various roles ranging from simple troop transport, via ambulance applications to combat engineer groups and different logistic applications.
- Exclusive cooperation between Rheinmetall, Mercedes-Benz AG and ACS Armoured Car Systems GmbH
- Latest generation military-of-the-shelf G-Class chassis by Mercedes-Benz
- Lightweight and modular superstructure by ACS Armoured Car Systems
- Transport of up to two vehicles inside heavy transport helicopters CH-47F and CH-53K
- Air transportability as underslung load
- Integration of standard infantry weapons and ATGM weapons on ring mount
- Large scale series production availability from 2023 onwards
- Full life cycle support over 20 years by Rheinmetall
Significant self-protection capability with the ROSY smoke protection system
Equipped with Rheinmetall's Rapid Obscuring System (Rosy) the Caracal can deploy a multispectral smoke screen to effectively break contact, evade and cover its tracks. No matter if deployed from a static position or on the move: Easily installed on the Caracal, Rosy provides effective screening in the visual and infrared spectrums, including integrated IR jamming and decoying effects. Thus, Rosy effectively counters conventional weapons, weapons with optical devices and laser distance measurement.