American Rheinmetall Munitions, Inc.
Next-generation lethality for the U.S. Armed Forces
As a leading U.S. provider of innovative munitions technologies, ARM provides advancements in lethality with next-generation weapon systems like the 30 x 173 mm MK30-2/ABM medium caliber (airburst capable) cannon, the PzH 2000* 52 caliber Self Propelled Howitzer, the 35 x 228 mm externally-driven medium caliber cannon and the 130 mm smoothbore developmental tank cannon.
* In the joint venture with the prime contractor Krauss-Maffei Wegmann (KMW), Rheinmetall is responsible for about 50% of the PzH 2000.
Expansions to U.S. productionThe MK281 MOD 3 40 mm High Velocity and the M1110 40 mm Low Velocity Day-Night Training Cartridges are produced at ARM’s state-of-the-art facility located in Camden, Arkansas. ARM is currently establishing a medium caliber “flex-line” that will initially manufacture the PGU-48/B 25 mm Frangible Armor Piercing (FAP) cartridge for the USAF F-35A Joint Strike Fighter. In addition, ARM has established a 40 mm automated, air burst fuze production facility in Windham, ME that not only provides a precision counter-defilade capability to Soldiers and Marines, but also brings advanced manufacturing to the U.S. industrial base while creating additional quality U.S. manufacturing and engineering jobs.
Rheinmetall’s Weapon and Ammunition division – Aim for the future
The portfolio of American Rheinmetall Munitions includes:
- Sound and Flash Grenades / Stun Grenades
- Combat Hand Grenades
- 40 mm Low and High Velocity Training Munitions
(M1110 and MK281 Mod 3)
- 40 mm Low and High Velocity Airburst Fuzing
Medium caliber munitions
- 25 x 137 mm PGU-48/B Frangible Armor Piercing Cartridge
- 30 x 173 mm Kinetic Energy Time Fuze (Airburst) Cartridge
Large caliber direct fire weapon systems
130 mm Smoothbore Tank CannonRheinmetall’s 130 mm smoothbore technology for main battle tanks (MBT) embodies a significant lethality leap in times of more sophisticated protection systems and increasing threats. Combined with a state-of-the-art auto-loader, this system is the latest evolvement in Rheinmetall’s MBT Advanced Technologies competence. Future tanknology for the win!
Large caliber indirect fire munitions
- 155 mm Extended Range Artillery Projectiles
- 155 mm Extended Range Top Charge Propellants
No time to spare in fielding next-generation fires technology – Built on more than a century of excellence in advanced artillery solutions, Rheinmetall innovations offer ready now lethality solutions urgently needed to restore overmatch today and ensure it remains tomorrow
- StrikeShield Active Protection System for land vehicles
- Passive protection
from spall liners, stand-alone armour to add-on armour, ballistic protection, composite, IED protection, liner solutions, polyvalent passive protection, mine protection to multi-protection seats
- Softkill solutions
instantaneous smoke/obscurant and decoy systems for ground, air and maritime platforms
- Hybrid protection
Softkill and hardkill technologies combinded with passive protection solutions for vehicle protection
StrikeShield APS: Game changing modular protection with lower risk of detection – Rheinmetall’s hybrid solution integrates next-generation active and passive technologies for effective layered defense in a weight and power portfolio that works
- Breaking Defense – 09.08.2021: StrikeShield APS – Game changing modular protection with lower risk of detection
- U.S. Army – 23.03.2021: Research agreement propels U.S. Army’s push to extend artillery range
- Breaking Defense – 25.01.2021: No time to spare in fielding next-generation fires technology
- defenceWeb – 11.11.2019: Rheinmetall resets the range goal posts
- Marines – 25.09.2019: Modern Day Marine Military Expo showcases emergent technologies
American Rheinmetall Munitions participates in the following events regularly:
- Air Force Warfare Symposium
- AUSA Global Force
- Sea, Air & Space
- Modern Day Marine
- Field Artillery Symposium
- NGAUS – ARS, ARV, ARD
- Ft. Benning Maneuver Conference
Meet with Rheinmetall leadership at the show
We proudly support industry associations and consortia:
- AUSA – Association of the United States Army: Community Partner
- AUSA – Association of the United States Army: National Partner under American Rheinmetall Defense
- NDIA – National Defense Industrial Association: National Partner under American Rheinmetall Defense
- NAMC – National Advanced Mobility Consortium
- NAC – The National Armaments Consortium
- NSTIC – Naval Surface Technology & Innovation Consortium
- Marine Corps Association & Foundation
- USFAA – United States Field Artillery Association
Interested in working for American Rheinmetall?
Visit our "Careers in the U.S." page to learn about our benefits and current openings.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR JOB SEEKERS:
We do not request bank account information or similiar information as part of a recruiting process.
Registered as DBA
American Rheinmetall Munition Inc., is registered as a DBA, and is doing business as American Rheinmetall Munitions, Inc.
125 Woodstream Boulevard
Stafford, VA 22556
United States of America
Phone: +1 703 221 9299
Fuze Production Plant
9 Amato Drive
North Windham, ME 04062
United States of America
214 Rheinmetall Dr.
East Camden, AR 71701
United States of America